myredrecipebook

Dairy Free Pumpkin Pie (2022 version)




This is my 2022 attempt at making a pumpkin pie recipe dairy free.

I found a new product at my local Albertson's ...



https://www.countrycrock.com/our-products/plant-cream

I found the package size of 16.9 oz interesting because the recipe I decided to use as a guide for the pumpkin pie said to add 1 cup of heavy whipping cream. And this package has a little over two, so the other cup+ can be made into a whipped topping for the pie once it's done.

I bought one can of pure pumpkin 15 oz last year at Target for .99 cents.

I cheated on the crust and I'm using a Pillsbury premade crust. It's non-dairy. I checked. It's made with delicious lard.


Dairy-Free Pumpkin Pie

1 can 15 oz of pure pumpkin

1 cup of Country Crock Plant Cream - Heavy Whipping Cream

2 eggs

1/4 cup water

3/4 cup sugar

1 tsp salt

1 tsp cinnamon

1/2 tsp ground ginger

1/2 tsp ground cloves

PREHEAT the oven to 325 degrees (it was the same temp as the turkey I was cooking)

Honestly, the recipe said to beat the eggs first, but I just dumped it all into a mixing bowl and went for it. Beat with an electric mixer until well combined. About 3 minutes on medium-low speed.

I found my favorite pyrex glass pie plate and gave it a light spray with Pam for Baking. I pressed the one pie crust into the pie plate and then poured in the pumpkin filling.

I baked it on the top shelf in my electric oven for one hour at 325 degrees.




No comments:

Post a Comment