myredrecipebook

Easy White Chicken Chili



This is a recipe inspired by my hunger shopping at my local Walmart in the spice aisle before I had breakfast as well as Sandra Lee, who would whip up some mean vittles for her and her family using a few fresh ingredients and prepared ones, too, in order to create a delicious meal. It also doesn't hurt to read the back of the spice mix bag for suggestions.

Ingredients:

One boneless skinless chicken breast, diced into small bite sized pieces
1 tbsp canola oil
One envelope of McCormick White Chicken Chili Seasoning Mix
One can (10 oz) Ro-Tel Mild Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilis
One can (15.5 oz) Cannellini Beans
One can (15.25 oz) Golden Sweet Whole Kernel Corn
1 cup water

Instructions:

So I started out with one frozen chicken breast which I defrosted in the microwave, then cut up into small bite-sized pieces. Then in dutch oven on the stove top with the burner on medium, I added the oil and heated that and added the chopped raw chicken. I cooked the chicken stirring it about as to not get it too brown and tough for about 5 minutes. Then I added the rest of the ingredients and turned down the heat to be one quarter and placed the lid on the pot to be vented to the back of the stove top and put the timer on to let this cook for 10 minutes.

Then I came back to the pot after 10 minutes, turned the stove off, placed the entire lid onto the pot this time without a vent and let the flavors meld on top of the stove for an additional 10 minutes. This also allowed the dish to be cool enough before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment