Lemon Blueberry Scones
2 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 tbsp baking powder
3/4 tsp salt
6 tbls (3/4 stick) Nucoa
2 (heaping) cups blueberries
Zest from an entire large lemon
1/4 cup vanilla soy milk plus the juice of one lemon
Preheat oven to 400° F .
1. In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together dry ingredients until uniform.
2. Melt Nucoa in microwave safe dish 30 seconds max and mix into dry ingredients with large spoon.
3. Whisk eggs with the soy milk. Add lemon zest and juice.
4.Add egg and soy milk mixture and incorporate gently into dry ingredients.
5. Mix with large spoon until there are no more dry crumbs left.
6. Gently fold in blueberries
7. Drop onto parchment paper lined large baking sheet x6 (don't use airbake sheet)
8. Optional: Brush with beaten egg and sprinkle with coarse sugar
9. Bake for 20 mins at 400° F (until slightly browned)
Yield: 6 generous scones.