myredrecipebook

Paper Bag Popcorn

So I'm always looking for something crunchy to snack on. Chips make me fat and crackers may have dairy in them. What to do? I make popcorn a lot. But I was finding that after making large pots of popcorn, we were throwing away lots.

I need to make a small batch without the pan. Enter the brown paper bag. The one you pack with lunches. That one.

I add 1 or 2 tablespoons of popping corn in a clean, unused brown paper bag, move the corn to one corner of the bag, then add one tablespoon of popcorn oil directly on top of the popcorn, close the top of the bag quickly and place it into the microwave oven and cook it on high for one minute.

My microwave is 1600 watts so I have to watch the popping at the end so it doesn't burn. After the popping has mostly stopped, the cooking is complete. You can open up the bag (watch for steam) and salt it right in the bag.

This method makes a few cups of popcorn.

No comments:

Post a Comment