myredrecipebook

Easy Frozen Pumpkin Pie

I'm working again (yeah!) and they want to put together a cookbook to share because we are not all in one place working at the office, right? We are all over the country doing our jobs (unless you are in my department - Post Closing.)

So I was looking for my favorite recipe called Easy Frozen Pumpkin Pie in my cookbook blog, and I couldn't believe that it was not there! I briefly looked online at work and still could not find it. So now it's Saturday and I'm going to transpose the recipe I've been making for my family since I can't have a baked pumpkin pie unless it's dairy-free. And I'm not ready to tackle that conversion yet.

Eazy Frozen Pumpkin Pie

1 can (15 oz) of Libby's Pumpkin

2/3 cup light corn syrup (Note: If you want to use less corn syrup, you can use 1/3 cup firmly packed golden brown sugar and 1/3 cup light corn syrup.)

1/2 tsp cinnamon

1/4 tsp nutmeg

1/4 tsp ginger

1/2 cup chopped walnuts (Option: You can either omit the nuts all together or put them on top if you like.)

3 1/2 cups thawed Cool Whip

1 9-inch prepared graham cracker crust (Note: Don't throw away the clear plastic mold that tops the pie crust. Just peel off the paper label. Inverted, this will be used for the lid in the freezer.


Directions:

Combine pumpkin, spices, corn syrup, and nuts. Fold in Cool Whip and spoon into crust. Use the clear plastic pie mold upside down as the lid for your pie, crimping the foil edge to hold it in place. Freeze until firm, about 3-4 hours. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.



No comments:

Post a Comment